Friday, March 19, 2010

New Etsy Items


Ancient
6 x 6 inch mixed media collage
by Miki Willa

I created this small collage as I was working on the larger visual ode collage, Morning Calm (see last post). I decided to create small collages for each piece in this series. I like the idea of having smaller companion pieces I can post to the Etsy store as I decided what I want to do when the series is complete. For this one, I used some of the same papers plus an image transfer of an ancient temple in downtown Seoul.


Kyoto Spring
8.5 x 6 inch mixed media collage
by Miki Willa
This piece was created as a companion piece for the visual ode to Kyoto. The larger piece is in process now. For this piece, I used handmade paper, washi paper, and pages out of Japanese text books and a novel. Both of these pieces are now in my Etsy store.

4 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

I like both of these Miki. And how rich to make companion pieces.

Margaret Ryall said...

Miki,
I like the idea of companion pieces and I've used it in various ways in the past. Sometimes to name or honour a larger piece by being more specific in my titling of it in a smaller work or by extending ideas through smaller work.

I like both these pieces especially the compositions.

sukipoet said...

really lovely.

Elena said...

Great pieces Mike & great idea on the companion pieces.