Saturday, July 4, 2009

Show opening in Bremerton


Last night was the opening event for my show in Bremerton, Washington. The venue was Cornerstone Coffee on the corner of 5th and Pacific. It was part of the monthly First Friday Art Walk in the downtown area. The photo above is of the main wall and the table we set up with edibles and drinks. I was really happy with the way the paintings hung on the gold wall. It is a very nice space.

This photo is of two small walls around the corner from the main wall. They can both be seen well from the front window, but are not in direct sun. This is the first time I have had the glass blowing series (minus 2) hanging together. I am very happy about the look they achieve grouped in this way.

There was a very small crowd last evening because of the holiday. Many people had slipped out of town for the long weekend. The people who did drop by were very kind and complementary. My family came to support me, including my sister-in-law from Virginia. (She was my first patron from this show, buying the stormy ocean painting you can see on the table in the top photo.) It was great to get the family together.

My show will be hung until July 31, so if you are in the area, please stop by. Enjoy the paintings and a great coffee or tea drink.

3 comments:

Tom Willa said...

Great show! What a wonderful mix of paintings. You presented landscapes, still lifes and the abstract glass blowing creations that are super. So many original paintings for under a hundred dollars. Enjoy being an artist, create in abundance. Thanks for sharing.

Elena said...

Miki congratulations! The presentation is really cool and the grouping of the glass blowing looks good. By the way, thank you for your wise words on my blog. Keep making lemonade!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

An easy walk from the marina to Cornerstone Coffee and I was able to see your lovely work in person. Very nice venue and your work looked great. I'm glad I had a chance to see it. Congrats on your show!