Monday, May 22, 2023

Switching to Watercolor

 

Diamond Head Light

2023

9” x 12” watercolor

I have flirted with watercolor for the past 30 years, but I only got serious about it a couple of years ago. Every Friday, for the past two plus years, I have been painting with a zoom group we call Sisters. We are two pairs of sisters, plus one, who live on both sides of the US. We started out exploring acrylic painting, but ended up going with watercolor. I love it.

My favorite things to paint are buildings, especially barns. I hope to stay current in my posts, with older ones thrown in for fun.

Since I have not posted for many years, I am including a few older paintings in this post, then try to start posting more regularly. I’m happy to be back.

Barn
2023
Based on photo by Carroll with permission


The Med
2023

North Shore
2023
Based on photo by Tom


No comments: