Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day

Rocky Butte WIP
9 x 12 soft pastels on Art Spectrum Colourfix
Miki Willa
I really hope this is not as dark on your screen as on mine. It looked perfectly fine in Photoshop. I have not finished the foreground at all. In fact, I sort of gave up on this because it was not working out, and I ran out of time. After discussing this with my wonderful artist husband, I have agreed to revisit this painting at a later date. I was totally entranced by this place when I was there. I don't feel I captured my feeling entirely. I will keep working at it.
I used my pan pastel sample on this for the sky. I got a very light blue. This is the fourth time using it and I have to say I am not on the bandwagon. I know there are those who just love it, but it is not for me. I used a very light paper, and the pan did not cover, no matter what I did. You can see the yellow showing through near the hill top. In this painting, it worked out well, but I would not be happy if this happened on a darker ground. I also found that blending with stick pastels was programmatical. I will stick with more traditional pastels for the foreseeable future.

1 comment:

Tom Willa said...

Happy Earth Day everyday to you