Friday, March 14, 2008

Autumn leaves in spring

Autumn Walk
9 x 12 soft pastels on Canson Mi Teintes pink paper
Miki Willa
I am officially done with the pink paper. My Dakota Pastel paper order should be here by Wednesday. All is right in the world.
I checked in with the March WetCanvas landscape challenge the other day and found three really great photos. I decided to do this one because I have never really done autumn leaves. I don't think this is a finished painting yet, but I will let it sit over the weekend. I didn't post it on WetCanvas.

2 comments:

virtual nexus said...

This is lovely - the shadows on the path are so effective. They make the painting, and the path leads the eye in. Glad to hear your paper is coming!

Edwards Real Estate Group said...

Miki, I like this one a great deal. In your post you say you don't think it is finished yet, is that still the case? I can't wait to see the next phase.