Saturday, October 27, 2007

Painting volcanoes

Haleakala 9 x 12 soft pastels on Art Spectrum Colourfix
Miki Willa
Since I was painting volcanoes, I decided to dig out a photo I took on my honeymoon to Maui. This is a view from off the highway going to Ka'anapali looking across the bay to Haleakala. I used my set of Great American grays for the volcano. I am enjoying finding places to use them since they are so rich and yummy.
I have used the Helen Iaea Tropical set made by Terry Ludwig for a year or so, and only recently added the Richard McDaniel set of Great Americans and the grays. Terry doesn't advertise the Iaea set, but it is a wonderful general set you can order by calling him. The Great Americans have been a good addition. My husband also ordered a large set of Unisons at the same time. He also picked up the Girault Marine set about the same time. It is nice to have a larger pallett to select from. Of course, the right green is never there, but I am learning to blend.

No comments: