Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkins All Around

Fall Fruits
5 x 12 soft pastels on Art Spectrum Colourfix
Miki Willa
Today, I decided to paint a still life of three of the pieces out of the fall arrangement in the library. It has been quite a while since I did a still life. I think I would like to do more.
The white pumpkin got out of hand and nearly ruins the painting, but I thought I would post it anyway. Sometimes it is important to put the learning pieces out there as a reminder to stay humble. Just another step along the journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great still life. Fall Fruit or Pumpkins All Around? I like Fall Fruit. I think the white pumpkin balancs out the orange one. The composition is interesting the overall proportions tend this painting to have an ability to be placed in a unique setting like above a doorway or on a balcony wall