Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Buttermilk Sunset

Buttermilk Sunset
7 x 9 soft pastels on Art Spectrum Colourfix
Miki Willa

When I was growing up, my father and I loved to drink buttermilk. I loved the patterns the milk made on the sides of the glass as the cool drink disappeared. We used to see the same pattern in the sky on high cloudy days. I haven't seen that kind of sky for many years. That is, until I moved to the islands. One late afternoon, on my way home, I rounded the corner of my street to be greeted by a wonderfully vivid buttermilk sky sunset. That, I had never seen before. I had my new camera with me and hurridly found the right setting before taking several shots as the sky faded. I decided to paint this as my second cloud study.


1 comment:

Willa said...

The sky is so real! I look forward to seeing these paintings. I admire you so for all the challenges you are mastering.