Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Alpine Meadow 2

Alpine Meadow 2
10 x 7 soft pastels on Art Spectrum Colourfix
Miki Willa

I know I stated that I was satisfied with yesterdays painting, but after a day of looking at it and discussing the composition problems with my wonderful husband, I determined to have another go at it. I am not completely satisfied with this new version, but I do like it better, except for the wild flowers which I like better in the older version. I really want to get this one right, so I will try again, but I won't subject you all to any further tries unless I deem it wonderful.

Here is a look at both of them side by side. I took out the tall trees in the mid-ground as they completely dominated the painting, and I didn't want them to. I also worked to create some sense of depth in the background trees. I have almost done that. I have to confess that I do like the mountains in the first one better even though they are darker. They seem to have a better presence. Ever learning on the journey.


No comments: