Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cabin in the Woods

Cabin in the Woods
7 x 10 soft pastels on Art Spectrum Colourfix
Miki Willa
This is what I did from the sketch I posted the other day. I really wanted to show that the snow was at least a foot deep. I think that works in the path to the cabin. When I painted the cabin door the green that it was, I almost lost the entire structure. I think the red in the door and the red table cloth and blue chairs you can see through the window in the real painting really helped to strengthen it as a focal point. I tried to indicate a path to the wood shed, but it complicated the painting too much. As I recall, the little foreground tree had been planted by the owner and was that color of new trees. I really enjoyed my time in that cabin, learning to cook on a wood burning stove. That was a long time ago.

No comments: